cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting started with hcs08 and codewarrior using c

juancarlossuare
Contributor III

Hello Everybody.

I am want to learn how to programm HCS08 MCUs using C, at first step, because I do not understand assembly.

In order to  have success and do not die at the attempt, I want to know which are the first steps to start, tips and tricks, how to understand tha datasheets, etc.

Your suggestiosn will be very useful.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Juan Carlos,

In the first place, I recommend to download the current CodeWarrior IDE version.

CodeWarrior embedded software development studio is a complete integrated development environment (IDE) that provides a highly visual and automated framework to accelerate development of the most complex embedded applications.

Please find attached to this response a CodeWarrior 10.6 Download and Install guide.

Once you have your CodeWarrior installed, I recommend starting with sample codes.

Also you can find attached a S08QE ADC sample code. Please follow this example with the S08QE Reference Manual in order to know the ADC Registers and how to set them.

You can find the document mentioned above in the following link:

http://www.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/ref_manual/MC9S08QE128RM.pdf

In order to know all the modules that a S08 MCU could have, I recommend the curses from the following link:

8-bit Flexis QE MCUs|Freescale

Hope this information will be useful for you Juan Carlos :smileyhappy:

Have a great day.

David Diaz.

0 Kudos