Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 and LCD without SYNC

Jump to solution
krzysztofsza_ac
Contributor III

Hello!

As we managed to compile Android for our product (now we use iMX6Q but finally we'll be using iMX6Solo), we have another problem.

We'd like to connect iMX with LCD that has no synchronisation. Is it possible? I've attached datasheet of LCD we'd like to use.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Krzysztof

yes such LCD can be used with i.MX6 (and other i.MX) IPU, for example similar "DE"

configuration is described on Figure 5. LCD Interface between i.MX35 and Chunghwa

CLAA070VC01 WVGA Panel AN3974 Different Display Configurations on i.MX35 Linux PDK

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Krzysztof

yes such LCD can be used with i.MX6 (and other i.MX) IPU, for example similar "DE"

configuration is described on Figure 5. LCD Interface between i.MX35 and Chunghwa

CLAA070VC01 WVGA Panel AN3974 Different Display Configurations on i.MX35 Linux PDK

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
krzysztofsza_ac
Contributor III

Hello Igor, yse - I've just found the AN3974 in another topic and this LCD meets situation we have in our project. But are there any changes needed in kernel to properly drive this LCD? Now we have only 1/4 of screen working.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Krzysztof

this appnote gives detailed guidelines how to add support for new LCD to Linux.

MX53UG Chapter 18 Supporting the i.MX53 Reference Board DISP0 LCD

also gives good description. You can start new thread if wish to elaborate.

~igor

0 Kudos
krzysztofsza_ac
Contributor III

Igor, is the iMX Kernel supporting this type of LCDs and I just need to modify BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE or I have to add this as a new LCD type?

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Krzysztof

no, by default Freescale BSPs support only LCDs used

on Freescale reference boards.

Support for other (new) LCDs should be added modifying software

sources using these documents.

~igor

0 Kudos
krzysztofsza_ac