FRDM-KL25Z OpenSDA drivers not recognized

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL25Z OpenSDA drivers not recognized

alanalvarado
Contributor I

Hello I have recently obtained a FRDM-KL25Z board and I have been having problems getting the OpenSDA drivers to work on one of my computers, they seem to work fine on two of my other computers.

It is also worth mentioning that when I try to enter BOOTLOADER mode on the board it does work and the BOOTLOADER removable drive is correctly recognized, the problem I encounter is when running the MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v114.SDA firmware.

bootloader.JPG.jpg

After I copy and paste this firmware to the board via the BOOTLOADER and then disconnect and reconnect the board, windows tries to search for the device drivers and fails to install them. And the usual driver failed to install prompt appears:

DriverInstallFail.JPG.jpg

So then I proceed to download and install the PE drivers from this website under Windows USB drivers: P&E Microcomputer Systems and install them on the default location C:/PEMicro, and then I open device manager and this is what it shows:

DeviceManagerScreenshot.JPG.jpg

I then update the "OpenSDA Hardware" driver and I manually select the PEMicro folder, I try with every folder and subfolder and every time windows fails to find a suitable driver for the board.UnableToFindDriver.JPG.jpg

I'm very certain that this is not a problem with the FRDM-KL25Z board because this process can be done successfully on two other computers here in our lab, and we have not encountered any problems yet. It is most likely a problem with this single computer and I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and knows how to fix this.

All three computers are running Windows 7 professional 64 bits.

The bootloader version installed on the FRDM-KL25Z is the 1.11

FRDM-KL25Z info.JPG.jpg

Thank you for your help and support.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Amit_Kumar1
Senior Contributor II

Hi Alan

You can check the following link. http://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/12/14/new-pe-opensda-firmware-v114/

Hope The issue will be resolved. Actually after buying Freedom boards you need to update the bootloader from the P&E website.

Regards

Amit

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

I think this issue was caused by the incompatibility between the Window system and the PE driver,

I'll contact with the tech support engineer about this issue and please be waiting for the my updates.

Have a great day!

Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos