Is it possible to output alpha from the IPU Image Converter?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to output alpha from the IPU Image Converter?

FredrikMoller
Contributor III

Use case: Send image buffer to the Image Converter sub-module and from there to another buffer (using IDMAC). The input image has pixels with format RGBA8888, i.e. the alpha component is contained in the buffer. The output image should preserve the alpha component.

When trying this setup the first byte in each pixel is zero in the output image, i.e. the alpha component is corrupted.

Is there a limitiation in the IPU hardware which prevents me from doing this, or have I configured the IPU in the wrong way?

I'm using an internally developed IPU driver on an RTOS.

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Basically only YUV/RGB 8 bits/value components of data in memory are used for data

conversion.  Alpha transparency value is used 1) to omit non-used data reading and
2) for blending. Nevertheless, You may try to configure IDMAC data format parameters

Offset OFSx and Color component width WIDx for output buffer so,
that whole 32-bit word is mapped

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------