cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sabre-SDB WM8962 GPIO5 default

Jump to solution
andrewdyer
Contributor III

In reviewing the schematics for the Sabre-SDB and datasheet for the WM8962 codec (rev. 4.2, top of page 151), it says

Note that it is important that the GPIO5 input is held in a defined logic state (logic ‘0’ or logic ‘1’) during
start-up; it must not be left floating.

On the Sabre-SDB this pin appears to be floating in the default configuration (no digital microphones installed).  Is this intentional?  If I was to add a resistor to set the state, which is the preferred setting?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

On the SABRE schematics this pin is connected to an ADMP421B which is a microphone port so this pin is not floating but rather connected to this port. I would recommend looking at the characteristics of your microphone port, if you are using the same you may follow the SABRE board design.

0 Kudos
andrewdyer
Contributor III

On the schematics I have (dated Feb 19, 2013) those parts are listed as DNP which I assume means 'Do Not Populate'.

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, DNP stands for Do Not Populate. However, the schematics I checked do not have this legend and are from the same date. My schematic is SCH-27392 Rev C3. The digital microphones WM7230 were replaced with ADMP421 on Rev B4 of the board so they should be there on the latest revisions.

0 Kudos
andrewdyer
Contributor III

My schematic is SCH-27516 Rev. C3, so different part number.  It looks like there are different schematics available depending on whether you start from the SDB reference platform page or the SDB board page, and they are at different revisions.  Mine is the one from the SDB board page.  I assumed the two boards were the same and the reference platform board just included the display, case, etc.

So for the SDB board, where the parts are not stuffed my question still stands.  For the reference platform if the parts are stuffed, then the question is what are the digital microphone outputs doing during reset?  It wasn't really clear to me looking at the AMDP421 datasheet what happens then, but I admit I just skimmed it.

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. Is this intentional?

A. No.

Q. If I was to add a resistor to set the state, which is the preferred setting?

A. The WM8962 Datasheet should better say that.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos