How can I use the floating point operation on my current project?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use the floating point operation on my current project?

kimjunghyun
Contributor III

Hello. Everyone.

I have a question for floating point operation.

I already discussed with the regional engineer of freescale here in South-Korea but we did not find any solutions.

So I really need someone’s help.

My question is as below.

-       - How can I use the floating point operation on my current project?

Detailed situation

- When I created my current project, I configured it not to use 'floating point operation'. (refer pic.1)

17332_17332.JPGWizard_Image.JPG

- But now, I need some floating point operation for my project so I applied it. And then some errors happened on my project when I compiled it. (refer pic.2)

17351_17351.JPGERROR_Image.JPG

- Of course, I set the 'code generation' as below.

17352_17352.JPGsetting_Imaage.JPG

I want to know the solution.

And I need to solve this error on my current project except making new project because I almost completed this project.

Please answer me if there are any solutions.

Thank you.

Kim.

Company : Kyung Chang industrial co.ltd.

Address : 104, Gukchaebosang-ro, Seo-gu, Daegu, South Korea

Phone :  82-53-721-1538

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The following article explains it for the S08:

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/05/08/addingremoving-floating-point-format-for-s08-projects/

But things are the same (of course S12 instead of S08) for the S12(X), so hopefully you can manage it.

Erich

0 Kudos

kimjunghyun
Contributor III

Hi. Erich

Thank you for your response.

Actually I had already checked and reviewed this link before I wrote my question on the website.

And I already removed the ‘_NO_FLOAT’ and used the ‘ansi.lib’.

I need another solution for this problem.

Or through a different way, can I solve this issue?

For example, after I make a new project, and then I import my source code or set some configuration.

Thank you.

Kim.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kim,

Following the Erich feedback I've created an example using the simulator under HC12 v5.1 for 9s12DP512.

I've created the example for banked memory without floating.

The default example is defined in the Standard target.

Then I've duplicated the target and follow the process described in the link:

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/05/08/addingremoving-floating-point-format-for-s08-projects/

I've changed the ansibi.lib by the ansib.lib.

Now the example is working fine.

Attached you will find the example.

Hope this will help you.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kimjunghyun
Contributor III

Hello. Pascal.

As regard ‘I've changed the ansibi.lib by the ansib.lib’, how can I change as what you did.

I need your detailed explanation through pictures or other things.

I could not change ‘xx.lib’ file but I could only select some option at the H12 Compiler Option Setting as the attached file.

How can I edit like you?

Thank you.

Kim.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kim,

the lib must be changed manually.

Attached you will find a video showing you how to convert a non_floating project to floating one.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kim,

the lib must be changed manually.

Attached you will find a video showing you how to convert a non_floating project to floating one.

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos