Certain high level components in KDS Processor Expert Missing!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain high level components in KDS Processor Expert Missing!

kashyapgada
Contributor III

Being new to Kinetis Design Studio and Processor Expert, I was following a tutorial on Tutorial: ADC with the Freedom Board | MCU on Eclipse

The Issue is the ADC Component which is mentioned in the post to be imported into the Project, is missing in my KDS IDE. I had installed KDS 1.1 and then KSDK. Can Any one help me what is the solution to get ADC high level component back into the component library.

Regards
Kashyap Gada

7 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kashyap,

For which microcontroller did you create the project?

Have you created the project with the Kinetis SDK enabled? If yes, then the Kinetis SDK does not support these components.

Create the project without the SDK enabled, then you should be able to use this components.

Erich

kashyapgada
Contributor III

Hello Erich Styger,

Thanks for your reply. I am using KL25z FRDM Board.  I donot know if I had enabled/selected the SDK but yes, I did install it on my KDS IDE. I had installed KDS on two machines, and KSDK on only one and not in other. The one in which KSDK was installed I did not find the ADC High Level component, But in the other machine where i didnot install KSDK the same ADC component was available.

Why are the components not available with KSDK >? What are the benefits of KSDK then?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you are using the KL25Z, then this would not be a SDK project, as the KL25Z is not supported by the SDK yet.

The Kinetis SDK comes with a completely different API and way how the drivers are organized, including the startup code. Unfortunately this breaks with any existing projects or components. But you can use the fsl_ components with the Kinetis SDK, as they are made for the SDK.

Erich

0 Kudos

kashyapgada
Contributor III

Thanks Erich.

I uninstalled KSDK and KDS and reinstalled KDS. Still the ADC High level module is missing. Is there any way I can import that module into my project?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Strange, it must be there. Can you check in the components library view, and that you do not have items filtered?

pastedImage_0.png

kashyapgada
Contributor III

Hello Eric, This module is visible but when I follow up your blog post for writing adc code setup the some adc functions are not being generated by Processor Expert The AD1.h consists no measure functions. Is there any way to re install processor expert in KDS

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kashyap,

if the component is there, and you can generate code, then I doubt it is an installation issue.

Erich

0 Kudos