Is there source code available for blhost?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there source code available for blhost?

Jump to solution
brycelembke
Contributor III

For automated updates to my K10 microcontroller my host must be Linux.I want to rebuild the blhost application for Linux since the only executable Freescale provides seems to be for Windows.

Tags (3)
1 Solution
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Are you referring to the KBOOT blhost? If yes the source code is available within the KBOOT package following the path <install_folder>\FSL_Kinetis_Bootloader_1_0_2\validation\blhost

Hope this information can help you.

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
donwilley
Contributor II

Any chance the README file mentioned earlier could be attached or quoted here?

0 Kudos
sensenthuran
Contributor IV

hi brycelembke  

Did you compile blhost NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0? They have the make file but we need to git rid of udev as we need UART not USB.

Thanks

0 Kudos
thomasschmid
Contributor II

Hi,

Have you ever succeeded in writing a Linux version of this tool? I would be highly interested in it too.

0 Kudos
brycelembke
Contributor III

Yes, we did get this to build under Linux. Follow the README.txt that I put there (you will need to install CMAKE). This works with serial, I haven't tried it with USB (and may have even disabled it).

http://d3.dtectsystems.net/FSL_Kinetis_Bootloader_Linux.tgzhttp://d3.dtectsystems.net/download/FSL_Kinetis_Bootloader_Linux.tgz

rtoma
Contributor III

Links are dead now. Is there a way to compile blhost?

0 Kudos
benjaminchang
Contributor V

Hi Bryce,

We are now facing the same Linux tool issue.

Tried to download your .tgz file, but seems not available now.

Can you share the file again?

Thank you!

Benjamin

0 Kudos
brycelembke
Contributor III

The first link I posted was dead. Use the second link.

0 Kudos
brycelembke
Contributor III

Too many links, use the second link

0 Kudos
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Are you referring to the KBOOT blhost? If yes the source code is available within the KBOOT package following the path <install_folder>\FSL_Kinetis_Bootloader_1_0_2\validation\blhost

Hope this information can help you.

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos