Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior: intsize 2 and compact_abi for stdlib and stdio

Jump to solution
theodortempelme
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using Codewarrior 10.6 with MCF52259.

My settings are intsize 2 and compact_abi. (I know that I probably shouldn't do this, but I need it for didactic purposes.) It works.

The only problem is that stdlib and stdio obviously use intsize 4 and (sometimes?) register_abi.

Is there any way to have stdlib and stdio with my unusual settings?.

Greetings Theodor T.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Theodor,

You probably need to rebuild all the standard/runtime (EWL) libs used in your project with compiler switch changed from -abi register to -abi compact.

There are several makefiles in "<CW MCU v10.x>\MCU\ColdFire_Support\ewl". You should adjust this compiler switch in the makefile that builds the libraries used by your project.

The instructions are documented in the compiler manual: "<CW MCU v10.x>\MCU\Help\PDF\MCU_ColdFire_Compiler.pdf", section "How to rebuild the EWL Libraries".

Hope it helps.

Stan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Theodor,

You probably need to rebuild all the standard/runtime (EWL) libs used in your project with compiler switch changed from -abi register to -abi compact.

There are several makefiles in "<CW MCU v10.x>\MCU\ColdFire_Support\ewl". You should adjust this compiler switch in the makefile that builds the libraries used by your project.

The instructions are documented in the compiler manual: "<CW MCU v10.x>\MCU\Help\PDF\MCU_ColdFire_Compiler.pdf", section "How to rebuild the EWL Libraries".

Hope it helps.

Stan

theodortempelme
Contributor I

Hi Stan,

thanks a lot, sounds good! This should probably do it.

It will take some time before I will try (because I do not want to disturb the currently running semester).

I will give notice next year, how it worked.

Best regards

Theodor

0 Kudos