cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card formatting

mircopizzichini
Contributor III

Hi

In my device I use an SD card, so I integrated MQX sdcard example in my project.

All default sd shell commands work (sd dir, sd read, sd write...) except for sd format. It starts formatting card, but after a while. watchdog resets system. Is this operation blocking? If yes, maybe I could add a very short time delay in the loop in charge of deleting all memory blocks.

Thank you

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mircopizzichini,

Please add following information to help us help you.

- MQX version

- Kinetis device

- Development hardware

- Development IDE

- size of SD Card you are using?

- Have you tried more than one card type?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

mircopizzichini
Contributor III

Hi David

Here you are:

- MQX 4.0.2

- Kinetis K20DN512

- IDE Codewarrior 10.2

- I'm testing it on my custom board, but even on TWR-K60 (with an SD card slot connected) this does not work.

I tried two uSD cards: a 4GB Sandisk and a 8GB Sandisk Ultra, but in both cases watchdog (set to 10 seconds) resets.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mircopizzichini,

I tested mfs_sdcard_twrk60d100m example in TWR-K60D100M with CW10.6 and MQX 4.1.1 without problems. I used a 4GB SD card and I was able to format and execute all other commands without problems. I recommend to move to the newer versions of tools. This example is located in the following path:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mfs\examples\sdcard\build\cw10gcc\mfs_sdcard_twrk60d100m

Best regards,

Carlos

mircopizzichini
Contributor III

Thank you Carlos for your response

I was able to complete the operation by inserting a small delay in the loop which deletes all memory clusters, so that the watchdog will not trigger.

I know it is not the perfect solution, but now I go on in this way. I have already planned for the coming weeks to move to KDS and MQX 4.1.1.

Regards,

Mirco

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mircopizzichini,

Please note that classic MQX is not supported in KDS. Instead we have MQX for KSDK. We expect to launch the latest KSDK version (KSDK1.1) before the end of the year. The main difference between classic MQX and MQX for KSDK is that MQX will use the KSDK drivers instead of its own drivers.In KSDK installation path you will find SDcard MFS example: C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0\filesystem\mfs\examples\sdcard

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos