cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, i.MX28 STATUS field in HW_POWER_SPEED register

Aemj
Contributor IV

Dear team,

I would like ask about the meaning of STATUS field in i.MX28 HW_POWER_SPEED register.

It is said that “the counter holds the number of cycles the ring oscillator was able to generate during one crystal clock period” in i.MX28 reference manual.

Does the STATUS field hold the number as above?

Actually, my customer read HW_POWER_SPEED register on their custom board and the number in STATUS field was 2 when CTRL bits=11.

What should the number of STATUS=2 be considered as?

I believe the STATUS represents a kind of silicon performance, but I cannot see whether the number of 2 is good or bad.

Thanks,

Miyamoto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually, it is not recommended to rely on this "silicon speed sensor" feature. Actually, it has been initially implemented to measure silicon speed in various conditions, but, finally, was considered as non-functional.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos