cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project focus gets lost

ChrisTango
Contributor IV

Hi everybody,

I've quite often the problem, that the IDE doesn't have the focus on the right project when I would like to debug my board. So, I'm getting the failure message which I attached.

Is a solution known to fix this issue?

So, far I know that I've to reselect my project and then it works as before. But I've to repeat it every time I would like to debug.

Thanks!

- Chris

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Chris,

Which IDE do you use ?  KDS ?

If yes , I recommend you "right click the your project ->Debug as-> Run Configuration" , browse the configuration whether correct .

Because we may create so many project through the IDE, when debug maybe the IDE automatically choose the wrong project .

Best Regards,

Alice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button.

0 Kudos

ChrisTango
Contributor IV

Hi Alice,

I'm using the KDS 1.0.1 (which includes Eclipse Kepler 4.3.1).

When I'm starting the debugging then I'm directly choosing the right debug setting and the setting for itself looks fine.
2014-12-05 03_20_40-.png

This failure happens not all the time. When I just opened KDS then it works without problem. It mostly happens when I'm stopping debugging, doing minor changes and trying to flash my board again.

Perhaps that's an issue of this eclipse version.

As I can tell, I didn't see it yet in other eclipse IDEs.

-Chris

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is an Eclipse Kepler+CDT problem, not a KDS specific one.

There is a setting (shown) below which will ensure that if you press the 'debug' button, it will use the last used project/application:

pastedImage_0.png

Erich

0 Kudos

ChrisTango
Contributor IV

Hi Erich,

Thanks for this hint!

Unfortunately it didn't work out for me.

Now I replaced the variable in the debug configuration with the real name. Since I'm not quite often change the output file name this is kind of a good solution for me. So, the failure is gone. Perhaps in a year the IDE (eclipse behind) gots rid of this odd behavior.

2014-12-05 11_45_02-Debug - Source not found. - Kinetis Design Studio [beta] - C__Users_Christian_wo.png

- Chris

0 Kudos