cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis L series Driver files

prabhuu
Contributor I

Hi,

Please let me know the link for complete Drivers of of Kinetis L uC.

Earlier I used E series, where the driver files were readily avaialable on freescale website. The name of the driver files is KEXX_DRIVERS_V1.2.1_DEVD.zip. I am not able to find similar driver file for L series. But there are quick start example, but they do not contain all drivers.

Thanks for your time.

---

regds,

Prabhu.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Prabhu,

Freescale has the Kinetis software development kit (SDK), as to Kinetis L serial uC, it has only support demo board FRDM-Kl43 and FRDM-KL03.

If you are using other Kineits L MCU, then, you can also refer to the drivers for these two boards.

KSDK is available at:

Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale

the release not for FRDM-KL43 is available at:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/KSDKKL03RN.pdf?fasp=1&WT_TYPE=Suppo...

I hope it helps!

0 Kudos

prabhuu
Contributor I

Hi Yong Li,

Thanks for your response. That helps me.

I am using MKL26Z256VLH4 uC in our new board. So, do you think that, driver for this particular uC is not readily available? Reason I am asking this question is, in earlier project, I used KE02 uC and there was readily available driver files, using which I wrote first program in less then 30 mins. And rest of the project went so nice!

So, I am searching for similar ready to use driver file. Is it available or do I need to do some work as you suggest in earlier response.

-

Regds,

Prabhu.

0 Kudos

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately there is not a drivers package available similar to the KExx drivers you mentioned for KL2x devices.

You can check the FRDM-KL26Z_SC that is the sample code for the FRDM-KL26Z board. It does not include a complete set of drivers as you see in the KExx library but it includes examples and some simple drivers for your reference.

Hope this information can help you.

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

prabhuu
Contributor I

Sure Adrian,

We are already using it. I hope free scale will release a complete driver

pkg for KLxx, soon (that saves me from write drivers!!!).

You may close this case.

Thanks.

-p

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 2:22 AM, Adrian Sanchez Cano <

0 Kudos

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

As the colleague Yong Li mentioned Freescale has already the Kinetis SDK that is basically a set of drivers that comes with a lot of examples. All Kinetis devices will be supported by the KSDK but so far the available version supports only new devices and some of the legacy devices (older devices), the support for devices like the KL26 will come in the next releases.

So, do not lose the track of this Kinetis SDK it will be the key if you want to save some time with new projects. Here you can find more information about it Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale

Hope this information can help you.

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

prabhuu
Contributor I

Sure. Thanks Adrian.

---

Regds,

Prabhu

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 9:26 PM, Adrian Sanchez Cano <

0 Kudos