cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

last frame freeze at screen

parveenkumaryad
Contributor III

Hi all,

I am working on a project based on imx6D.

In  the project we are having a LCD connected to the board in a parallel interface and an HDMI interface for display of video. we are using omnivision camera for capturing video.

when i stream video in a single interface i.e LCD or HDMI then it is streaming properly and we are not facing any issue.

But when i tried to stream video in both the interface at the same time, we got the video on both the screen but when the gstreamer command is terminated the last frame is freezed o both HDMI and LCD.

The command we are using for streaming is:

gst-launch mfw_v4lsrc device=/dev/video1 capture-mode=4 ! tee name=splitter ! queue ! mfw_v4lsink device=/dev/video16 splitter. ! queue ! mfw_v4lsink device=/dev/video18

please give the solution asap. 

Labels (5)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, could you please specify which board and BSP are you using in order to try to recreate your issue?

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos

parveenkumaryad
Contributor III

Hi CarlosCasillas ,

we are using imx6d-sabresd board with kernal version 3.10.17 with yocto compiler.

Going further into the problem i debugged something else also:

If i use /dev/video16 as a mfw_v4lsink device then we get back to terminal in the output device we mentioned in bootarguments.

but still the video get stucked in the other device.

i also looked in the post

https://community.freescale.com/thread/302888

where Eric Nelson replied two stream a saved video to two output and he has given the same command that i have mentioned above with the only difference in the device used for mfw_v4lsink

i used the same command but was not getting video at the second output.

for example: if i mention lcd in the boot parameter then i get video at LCD from /dev/video17 but on hdmi i don’t get video from /dev/video19 but if i change it to /dev/video18 then i get video but it stuck when i close the steaming or recorded video.

Also after using /dev/video18 if i now stream the video using /dev/video19 then the video streams over the last frame that was frizzed previously.

Is this the issue of the FG and BG frame buffer as i also dont get terminal on HDMI if boot parameters is LCD and vice-versa!!

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I have internally discussed this case with our experts, and they say that video18 is BG, frame buffer is default open, you need to turn of it manually with: echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank

Or you can show second video to /dev/video19, which is the FG, will turn off when close v4l2 device, but this is the overlay, performance is worse than video18.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos