As many of us here, my IT forced me to change my well-working PC under WinXP to Win 7 64bits.
Now I face the tool transition. Among them CodeWarrior 4.6.
I read most of the post I could find on the Internet and here I stand :
- I've been successful in installing Codewarrior 4.6 by removing P&E drivers as indicated.
- I've been successful in installing USB dongle drivers for Win7. My dongle is well recognized, and I can read my FlexId with lmtools.exe
My Problems :
1. When I say "I can read my FlexId with lmtools.exe", I don't precise which version of it : 11.09 is ok, 11.11 is ok, 11.12 (latest I could find) is not able to recognized the dongle.
2. I have changed lmgrd.exe, lmtools and lmutils.exe to win7 64bit compatible versions.
3. Launching CodeWarrior results in a "no finding licence" message.
I've read somewhere there is an incompatibility between CW 4.6 and the Win 7 64 bit USB dongle drivers.
Is this incompatibility real ?
Is there anything that could be done to make it work ?
How does CW make the connection with the USB dongle drivers (which dll or exe is implied into this ?) ?
I saw an lmgr8c.dll in the installation of CW. I read that it is used for Borrowing Floating licence.
Is it its only functionnality ? What if i replaced it with a lmgr11.dll ?
I don't want to change my version of CW cause I somehow "qualified" it for my project and I don't want to go through this process again for a new version of CW.
Thanks for help !
(need I saying it begins to be urgent, as I am blocked on this subject for long time now ?)