Does the uboot.bin contain QE microcode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the uboot.bin contain QE microcode?

Jump to solution
00lirui
Contributor I

Hello.

My cpu is mpc8306,and run uboot on a custom board according to mpc8306som, The output message shows "Not a microcode" and software hangs "Net:".

I want to know whether uboot.bin contain QE microcode, or I must download the microcode .

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Li Rui,

Please find the QE microcode help/software/tools_8306som/nor_flashing/iram_mpc8306_r1.bin in ISO MPC8306-KIT_LinuxBSP.iso, please deploy ucode at 0xfe7e0000 (refer to configuration header file) in u-boot, I assume you use the same memory map with MPC8306SOM.

QE Microcode on the QUICC Engine block may reside either in internal ROM or in internal IRAM, MPC8306 QE doesn't have  internal ROM.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Li Rui,

Please find the QE microcode help/software/tools_8306som/nor_flashing/iram_mpc8306_r1.bin in ISO MPC8306-KIT_LinuxBSP.iso, please deploy ucode at 0xfe7e0000 (refer to configuration header file) in u-boot, I assume you use the same memory map with MPC8306SOM.

QE Microcode on the QUICC Engine block may reside either in internal ROM or in internal IRAM, MPC8306 QE doesn't have  internal ROM.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
00lirui
Contributor I

Thank you very much for your solution!

One more question,if I want to make  HDLC ports to be soft RS485, Do I  need to update microcode ?

0 Kudos
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

RS485 is electrical standard only, it does not describe software part

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, uboot image does not contains QE microcode, they are different. Do you see this kind of description anywhere?

An application note may be useful: AN3946 Downloading Microcode On QUICC Engine™ Block-Enabled Devices, it's available from Freescale Semiconductor | Embedded Processing Solutions