cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental Build Problems with KDS 2.0.0

samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day All,

I was curious if anyone else is having incremental build issues with KDS 2.0.0?  I ask, as I installed 2.0.0 tonight, as I have been a lot of issues with 1.1.1 and it would appear that 2.0.0. has other issues.  For example, if I try to perform incremental compiles I get the following message and the file I modified does not get compiled:

make all

make: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc0000005, addr = 0x00411244)

In order to get the file to compile I have to do a "Project-Clean..." and then everything re-compiles...

Can someone shed some light on what is going on?

Cheers,

Sam

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sam,

In KDS ,The Workbench will automatically perform incremental builds of resources modified since the last build. Whenever a resource is modified, another incremental build occurs.

Please pay attention to the "Build automatically" is slect (see the screenshot).

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards

Alice

0 Kudos

samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day Alice,

The problem is more sinister that your interpretation... If I make a change to a file and then perform a project compile, nothing happens... the compiler is not invoked at all for this modified file...The file only gets compiled when I do a Project-Clean and then all of the projects' files also get compiled which makes development a whole lot slower.

That being said, I have given up on KDS for actual project related work... There are just too many issues that consume too much time for me to use it for work that I need to get done on time.  Between this issue and other issues with KDS 1.1.1. I simply cannot afford any more time battling with these relatively innocuous items. I have since reverted back to CW 10.6, as I am far more productive with this tool-set.

Cheers,

Sam

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sam,

yes with KDS, we need do clean to remove old associations before build.KDS is a free tool but CW not. as i know, KDS doesn't have one button can do clean+build together.

Best Regards.

Zhang Jun

=============================================

if this answer helps, please click on "Correct Answer" button. Thanks!

0 Kudos

samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day Zhang Jun,

Sadly you are misunderstanding my issue/point....  You should not have to do a "clean" every time you make a change to a single file.  Incremental compiles are fundamental to virtually all compilers... In fact it worked fine in KDS 1.1.1....

As for the "Free" tool, comment... actually for me I feel differently.  The reason is that I paid (around $5000) for a CW license and paid yearly maintenance on that license, but Freescale has stated that there will be no new Kinetis part support for CW and that one must now use KDS... so to me KDS is not free, as eventually my CW will be useless for new Kinetis devices and so my CW investment will be lost.

Cheers,

Sam

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sam,

probably it is too late for this. Please take a look to the following post. It looks like it can happen on any Eclipse version.

KDS v3 Incremental build

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can do a clean+build with the menu Project > Clean dialog:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

oh, i know. I didn't see "Start a build immediately" because i have "project", "build automatically" enabled in my KDS. we need make sure we didn't select "build automatically" we can see exact window as Erich shows .

Best Regards.

Zhang Jun

0 Kudos