I2S/SAI defines missing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2S/SAI defines missing

degry
Contributor I

I'm trying to add I2S/SAI functionality to an existing project. I started from the sai_dma_demo from MQX 4.1 but I get these errors:

'SIZE' is not a member of class 'struct i2s_statistics_struct'

K60_RunC/C++ Problem
'IN_BUFFER' is not a member of class 'struct i2s_statistics_struct'sh_audio.cC/C++ Problem
'OUT_BUFFER' is not a member of class 'struct i2s_statistics_struct'sh_audio.cC/C++ Problem
undefined identifier 'IO_IOCTL_I2S_START_RX'sh_audio.c/K60_Run/Sources/SourceFilesline 445C/C++ Problem
undefined identifier 'IO_IOCTL_I2S_UPDATE_RX_STATUS'sh_audio.c/K60_Run/Sources/SourceFilesline 471C/C++ Problem
undefined identifier 'IO_IOCTL_I2S_WAIT_RX_EVENT'sh_audio.c/K60_Run/Sources/SourceFilesline 454C/C++ Problem
undefined identifier 'IO_IOCTL_I2S_START_TX'sh_audio.c/K60_Run/Sources/SourceFilesline 445C/C++ Problem

undefined identifier 'IO_IOCTL

undefined identifier 'IO_IOCTL_I2S_WAIT_TX_EVENT'sh_audio.c/K60_Run/Sources/SourceFilesline 454C/C++ Problem

I'm using an existing BSP where I enabled I2S.

Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi patrick degry,

Please double check that you enable in the user_config.h the below line

#define BSPCFG_ENABLE_SAI                   1

In addition please build the BSP, PSP and MFS libraries.

Please let me know if this helps.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

degry
Contributor I

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm using CW10.3, MQX4.0 and started from a bsp twr60F120. The device is a MK60FN1M0VLQ12.

I see that the file sai.h is included which is located in "C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\mqx\source\io\sai"

This file contains the structure below which lacks SIZE, IN_BUFFER, and OUT_BUFFER. I see that it is present in the sai.h of MQX 4.1.

Does it mean that I have to switch to 4.1 (which might be a small risk for the existing project) or can I just copy the 4.1 file to the 4.0 directory?

typedef struct i2s_statistics_struct

{

/* Number of SAI interrupts so far */

uint_32 INTERRUPTS;

/* FIFO error */

uint_32 FIFO_ERROR;

/* FIFO sync error */

uint_32 BUFFER_ERROR;

/* Number of valid bytes received (not dummy receives) */

uint_32 RX_PACKETS;

/* Number of valid bytes transmitted (not dummy transmits) */

uint_32 TX_PACKETS;

/* Number of bytes currently read or wrote */

uint_32 PACKETS_PROCESSED;

/* Number of bytes currently buffered */

uint_32 PACKETS_QUEUED;

/* Number of bytes requested for reading or writing */

uint_32 PACKETS_REQUESTED;

} I2S_STATISTICS_STRUCT, _PTR_ I2S_STATISTICS_STRUCT_PTR;

0 Kudos

pbanta
Contributor IV

Hi,

struct i2s_statistics_struct is defined in sai.h.  When I look at my copy it contains SIZE, IN_BUFFER, and OUT_BUFFER.

You mentioned that you have an existing BSP where you enabled I2S.  I think the example makes use of the SAI driver.  Did you set BSPCFG_ENABLE_SAI to true in user_config.h?

0 Kudos