cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO reset state?

Jump to solution
idtericchen
Contributor II

I want to know the K21 GPIO state during reset.

Where can I find these information?

Could I change the GPIO reset state? If it can be changed, how to do?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Eric Chen:

- For digital-only pins the default state is as DISABLED (high impedance).

- For pins with an analog functionality, those acquire their analog function.

You can refer to the chapter "K21 Signal Multiplexing and Pin Assignments" in the Reference Manual to see which pins are digital, analog or digital + analog.

If you mean the value of the GPIO registers out of reset, then that information is in each register description, again in the reference manual. e.g. for the GPIOx_PDOR register:

GPIO_register.png

None of the above behaviors can be changed.

In case you cannot find the reference manual in our webpage, please let me know the full part number of your K21 device.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Eric Chen:

You can refer to the chapter "K21 Signal Multiplexing and Pin Assignments" in the Reference Manual to see which pins are digital, analog or digital + analog.

If you mean the value of the GPIO registers out of reset, then that information is in each register description, again in the reference manual. e.g. for the GPIOx_PDOR register:

GPIO_register.png

None of the above behaviors can be changed.

In case you cannot find the reference manual in our webpage, please let me know the full part number of your K21 device.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
idtericchen
Contributor II

Hello Jorge:

Thanks for your quickly response.

You mean the digital-only pins the default state is as DISABLED (high impedance) during reset.

So if I want to control GPIO state is HIGH during reset, I need to add external pull-up resistor on this GPIO, right?

For example, If I want the PTD8 to output HIGH during reset, I need to add external pull-up resistor on PTD8, right?

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eric:

You are correct, for a high state in PTD8 during reset you can place a pull-up resistor.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos
王剑翰
Contributor III

Hi Jorge,

Is the above information for all Kinetis unit? I used MK10DN32VFM5.

Look forward to your kindly answer.

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello:

Yes the same applies for your K10 device and any Kinetis K part.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos