cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKL26Z64 m_text overflow using CMSIS DSP Library

Jump to solution
gustavsl
Contributor III

Hi. I'm developing an application for a custom board using MKL26Z64. The application involves an FFT. To do so, I included the CMSIS DSP Library.

However, when I use the arm_rfft_init_q15 and arm_rfft_q15 functions to perform a fixed-point real FFT, the code (which was 8384 bytes before) overflows by 23124 bytes. When I remove those functions, there's no overflow.

I'm using CodeWarrior 10.6 and Processor Expert 10.3.

Any tips on this? Do I have to use another FFT implementation?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gustavo Leal:

Check the next thread and especially the Correct Answer by colleague Martyn Hunt. Maybe your project is linking the whole DSP library and you have to use the -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections compiler options:

Has anybody implemented CMSIS FFT library Successfully?

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gustavo Leal:

Check the next thread and especially the Correct Answer by colleague Martyn Hunt. Maybe your project is linking the whole DSP library and you have to use the -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections compiler options:

Has anybody implemented CMSIS FFT library Successfully?

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos