Who can help?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can help?

CaoJason
Contributor I
       when use quick start sample to debug and to learn,I have one error message:Could not find or load the file PART1_MOT_5xx_Axiom.a?for target debug?for project CAN_demo.mcp?
       What's it?and how to deal with it,also when use the codewarrior IDE,some wrong codes (乱码)usually occur

Caojason
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

CaoJason
Contributor I
I also have some other questions:
      the first,If can I put data in the registers?.for example TBSCR(Time Base Control and Status Register),when I use it in IDE ,but the complier tell me it "Error   : undefined identifier 'TBSCR' main.c line 19    TBSCR=0x 0000";  If I can ,how do I use it?
      the second question:how do I use the function and where can I find it?If they are defined in header files?for example:ioctl( USIU, USIUCLK_SET_MULTIPLICATION_FACTOR, 10 ),where is it defined? 
     the third question:where can I find the I/O address and If can I control it by this model:address=0xffffffff.or use functions to change information with peripheral equipment?
 Thanks for your time.
0 Kudos

Black
Contributor I
Registers can be initialized in the board. cfg file specified in the EPPC Debugger Settings
panel, Use Target Initialization file, board_init.cfg. The same board initialization has to be done in the stand-alone version of the project (ROM version), but from within source code. The board_init.cfg file is only executed on the target board at the beginning of a debug session.

Again please study the stationery project for an example of registers initialization in source code and .cfg file.

For finding a function definition in a compiled project right-click on the function name->"Go to the function definition of..."

For more details please consult the CodeWarrior EPPC 5xx V8.7 installation folder\Help\PDF\Targeting_MPC5xx.pdf, PowerPC Build Tools Reference.pdf, the processor and board reference manuals. I hope this helps. 
0 Kudos

CaoJason
Contributor I
      Yes,you are right.I use the "EPPC5xx version 8.7",but the freescale FAE give me quick start 4.0,and tell me some samples in it,and I choose one to compile,so the error occures .I think this maybe it is version bother,so I delete the UART1_MOT_5xx_Axiom.a and change it to UART1_5xx.a.but another question occurs,compiler tells compling can't pass.
    You know I'm new one to use your company product,I'm a student.some day ago,I went to freescale techical support center of Shanghai  in China to find help,but the FAE gave me a manual and a quick start,told me when I go through them  I can use the MPC564EVB.GOD!It is very hard work! I 'm eagerly want to learn something, But I'm sorry  for wasting your time to answer this stupid question.but if you are in China,I can phone you,if you are not,can you give me your Email?
    Thanks for your kind and your circumspective reply.
0 Kudos

Black
Contributor I

The Quick Start you have received was made for an older version of CodeWarrior and it seems it has not been updated. You might need to replace the libraries and the initialization files with the ones from the 8.7 version, perhaps change the project access paths to point to the 8.7 installation (project settings->Access Paths->User and System paths).

I also recommend creating a stationery project with the CodeWarrior EPPC New Project wizard for your evaluation board. This project is a minimal CodeWarrior project to get your board up and running. Then you can add your own code to this project (you can use it as a starting point).

If still not working or need more help, I recommend entering a service request here and provide a detailed description of the problem, your CodeWarrior version and build number (CW menu ->Help->About->Installed Products) and an example CodeWarrior project with this issue. Then a CodeWarrior engineer will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you.

0 Kudos

CaoJason
Contributor I
Thanks for your so quick response.I will try.
0 Kudos

Black
Contributor I
It seems you are missing the UART library or the access paths are wrong for your project.

Please try the following procedure to create a stationery project and to determine if there are issues with your CodeWarrior/evaluation board/connection setup:
- connect the remote debugging probe cable (for example CW USB TAP) between your computer and board, then power on your board
- create a new project with the CodeWarrior new project wizard for your board/processor and remote debugging connection
- build and debug the Debug  Version of this project with "Verify Memory Writes" checked and board .cfg file selected in the EPPC Debugger Settings panel of
this project target
- verify if you can step over  the main instructions and check if you can see the serial port  output when stepping over the printf  function as described in this stationery  project readme files (you can use also your current project also with "Verify  Memory Writes" checked)
- build the ROM version of this project
- open flash programmer (Tools->Flash Programmer)
- load the board's flash programmer settings file, (Flash Programmer->Load settings), and select your  remote  connection and processor in Target Configuration settings if this is the case; also you can change your flash type in Flash Configuration panel if the chip  on your board does not match with 
the default one
- consult the board_README.txt (from the stationery project) and the board user manual for the right board switches position (usually the default switch position is recommended)
- erase the flash
- program the ROM.mot file from the project's Bin folder, then Verify (Program/Verify panel of the Flash Programmer)
- debug the ROM target of the project after programming the flash

I hope this helps.
0 Kudos

Black
Contributor I
If you want to add the 5xx UART library for the evaluation board to your project, it is located in CodeWarrior EPPC 5xx V8.7 installation folder\PowerPC_EABI_Tools\CodeWarriorTRK\Transport\processor\ppc\serial\5xx_serial\Bin\UART1_5xx.a

It seems you are using an old version of CodeWarrior. CodeWarrior 8.1 has the UART libraries located in CodeWarrior 5xx R8.1 installation folder\PowerPC_EABI_Tools\MetroTRK\Transport\ppc\mot_5xx_axiom_serial\Bin\UART1_MOT_5xx_Axiom.a

The stationery project wizard adds this library by default.

I recommend using the Codewarrior EPPC5xx version 8.7 that you can get as an evaluation version from here.
0 Kudos