cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL05Z not reconize by Kinettics Desing Studio

Jump to solution
gerardbou
Contributor I

I have the FRDM-KL05Z board but when I want to create a new prject my borad is not in the list. Is it possible to update the list of boards?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gerard:

The boards you see in that list are only those supported right now by KSDK. Kinetis SDK is a software driver platform for Kinetis MCUs. Only those boards are supported right now. For details check Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale.

If you have a FRDM-KL05, then as Iva mentioned you can select the MCU from the Processors list. With this you can create a baremetal project or baremetal + processor expert project.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gerard.

Please, go to File > New > Kinetis Design Studio Project > and go to Processors

kl05z.png

Iva

0 Kudos
gerardbou
Contributor I

Iva,

When I want to select a device there is board folder with two FRDM (K22F and K64F) but not the FRDM-KL05Z.

Is it possible to update the board folder with the FRDM-KL05Z?

Thanks,

Gerard

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gerard:

The boards you see in that list are only those supported right now by KSDK. Kinetis SDK is a software driver platform for Kinetis MCUs. Only those boards are supported right now. For details check Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale.

If you have a FRDM-KL05, then as Iva mentioned you can select the MCU from the Processors list. With this you can create a baremetal project or baremetal + processor expert project.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Gerard,

No. It is not possible.

It is support for boards - FRDM-KL43Z, KV30 and K02 devices, TWR-K24F (you can import it from Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale

and the boards, which you see in the list.

So, choose the choice Processors > Kinetis L > KL05Z

Best Regards,

Iva