AnsweredAssumed Answered

Integrating Pylon SDK for ARM I.MX6 with LTIB?

Question asked by Robert Hana on Nov 26, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 7, 2015 by Rahul Reddy

My Question: How do I integrate a package into LTIB that requires i)environment variables to be configured in order to run on a target, ii)has no makefile, and iii) has pre-compiled libraries and an application

Hello,

I am currently trying to build the pylon SDK for the ARM I.MX6 and using LTIB. A few points to consider.

1) The package doesn't have a makefile (there are samples that do.)

2) The package contains a static library and dynamically linked libraries (compiled for ARM already) and header files.

3) There is an application included in the package.

I could probably manually copy the file over to rootfs (and the spec file provides a means of doing this.) But I would be left with environment  variables

that are not set on the target. How could I pre-set those environment variables?

Other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Details below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The installation notes require these steps which don't involve LTIB or crosscompiling  (first basically untar the package on the target):

1. Change to the directory which contains this INSTALL file, e.g.:

cd ~/pylon-4.0.0-x86

2. Extract the corresponding SDK into /opt

sudo tar -C /opt -xzf pylonSDK*.tar.gz

3. Install udev-rules to set up permissions for basler USB cameras

./setup-usb.sh

4. Unplug and replug all USB cameras to get the udev rules applied.

5. Execute /opt/pylon4/bin/PylonViewerApp to test your cameras.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, set up environment variables (presumably before running the application.):

Setting up environment variables:

export PYLON_ROOT=/opt/pylon4

export GENICAM_ROOT_V2_3=${PYLON_ROOT}/genicam

mkdir -p $HOME/genicam_xml_cache

export GENICAM_CACHE_V2_3=$HOME/genicam_xml_cache

Example command for adding the library directories to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH

# (for Linux ARM)

${PYLON_ROOT}/lib

${GENICAM_ROOT_V2_3}/bin/Linux32_ARM

${GENICAM_ROOT_V2_3}/bin/Linux32_ARM/GenApi/Generic

variable for Linux ARM platforms:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${PYLON_ROOT}/lib:${GENICAM_ROOT_V2_3}/bin/Linux32_ARM:${GENICAM_ROOT_V2_3}/bin/Linux32_ARM/GenApi/Generic:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Outcomes