cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL rendering distortion on IMX6

adrianonaspolin
Contributor I

Gentleman,

I have an application working on IMX515. Now I'm porting it to to IMX6 Solo, but it seems OpenGL has a rendering problem with big geometries in close zoom.

The video below shows the problem, where IMX6 is the left screen and IMX5 is the right one, both are running the same program in 800x480 pixels.

imx6 vs imx5 - YouTube

The sequence is: zooming in to a cube, stop zooming, start rotating to show that everything is ok. Then stop rotating and zoom in again, until we can see a smal distortion. Since this point we stop zooming and rotate forever, then the problem is very clear on the left screen, but never happens on IMX515.

To show the problem I used IMX6 GPU SDK (gpu_sdk_v1.00.gz) from freescale as base and made some small changes on example 06 from OpenGL2.0 directory. Source is attached.

IMX5 runs a Freescale BSP.

IMX6 runs Yocto, kernel 3.10, Vivante drivers.

Anyone have seen this before?

Original Attachment has been moved to: gpu.tar.gz

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Adriano

If you think this is a software issue? , Please send your test code to support@freescale.com, in order to be validated and get the fix, also maybe you should try the latest BSP version 3.10.53 posted on i.MX freescale website:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Regards

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Adriano

Did check your DDR to see that is not the cause of the issue?  this issue could be related to:

Vivante and opengl broken on imx6 board

also, it  looks like this correspond to previous bug " render to texture", however it was fixed in upgrade kernel 3.10.17 or latest that a include a vivante new driver, please give it a try and let us know if this works for you.

Regards

0 Kudos

adrianonaspolin
Contributor I

It seems not to be related to DDR, at least I know that the problem happens also in Sabre Board.

And the problem persists in kernel 3.10.17

Cheers

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Bio_TICFSL,  Can you please comment on this ?

0 Kudos