Write / read flash memory with KSDK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write / read flash memory with KSDK

dongshengwang
Contributor I

I am using FRDM-K64F for my project. I want to write / read parameters to / from the flash memory when my application is running. How can I do that. There are some solutions?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dongsheng Wang:

There is an example project for the flash driver in KSDK installation folder:

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0\demos\flash_demo

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dongshengwang
Contributor I

Hi Jorge

Thanks for your answer. I tried that demo project. It mentioned that there are not D_Flash (FlexNVM) and Enhanced EEPROM on this device. My question is that I want to read / write the internal flash memory at runtime. That example project works for me?

I found a solution in this community, mentioned to use IntFLASH (Internal FLASH) component. But I can not find it. I use KDS_1.1.1 and MQX_KSDK_1.0.0.

Regards,

Dongsheng Wang

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dongsheng Wang:

The K64FN1M0 as the one in FRDM-K64 does not have FlexNVM memory, but you can still use part of the program flash to store parameters. To reserve part of flash you need to modify the linker file. An example in the next thread:

Re: Controlling data and function placement in memory

Then yes, you can use the KSDK Flash_Demo I mentioned as reference to store parameters in Flash.

Regarding IntFLASH component, that was part of the classic Processor Expert components. This component is not compatible with KSDK platform library. If you want to use this component then you have to create a new project with Processor Expert enabled but with KSDK disabled.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos