AN3275 Link error : L1112 The ROUTINESINRAM section has segment type CODE (illegal)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AN3275 Link error : L1112 The ROUTINESINRAM section has segment type CODE (illegal)

fritzchen
Contributor I
I am trying to adapt the "All access Bootloader"  AN 3275 to my application.The first thing I did was to import it into CW 5.5.1272. After building the application the above mentioned errormessage appears.
I think it is because the area of the memory is assigned as READ_WRITE in the .PRN file. After changing it to READ_ONLY the message does not longer appear. Is this a bug in the AN? Or do I something wrong?
Hope somebody can help me.
in the attachment there can be found the PRN - FIle.
Thank´s a lot
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello and Welcome,

This error report has been submitted to the AN3275 writers.

I confirm that a CODE Segment can only be placed in a READ_ONLY area.

Well spotted, thanks !

Regards,
Alban.
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hi Again,

I have an explanation. Thanks to Rafael very quick reply !

The Application Note is developped for CodeWarrior 4.5 or higher. If you download the latest CW version the code should work as provided.
You can download an evaluation version ( CWX-H12-PROED-EX - CW4.6 for S12 Special Edition) that will allow you to compile up to 32K bytes of C code.

One more thing, if you do the change you mentioned (= change the prm section to Read Only), the code will not work.
The idea is that CW 4.5 and 4.6 make the copy from Flash to RAM when a Read-Write section with code is found.
If you want to use an earlier CW version, you need to follow the steps of Technical Note TN228 (attached below) to copy this section of the code from flash to ram.
We think that the best way to proceed is to download the latest CW version.

Reference of Interest:
FAQ-27682

I hope this helps !
Alban.

Edit: added attachment

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-09-26 10:55 AM

tn2281.pdf

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-21 12:28 AM
0 Kudos

fritzchen
Contributor I
Hello Alban,
I did it in the you suggested, and with the new version of CW it´s working.
Thank you very much for your kind and fast help!
0 Kudos