Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GDB MQX K70 Segger

asmith
Contributor III

I am working with a K70 Target using MQX 4.1.1 and a Segger Jlink

Building using arm-none-eabi-gcc under Ubuntu 14.04

I am able to build MQX build the application, Link and debug using arm-none-eabi-gdb --tui application.elf

But I am frequently unable to step into (s) or execture through (n) functions - I can usually step into them using (si) - step by machine instruction.

But in many instances trying to (s) into or (n) over a function cause the processor to execute either until the next break point or until the program crashes

Any ideas would be appreciated

Mmostly I am debugging quite well but the need to set large numbers of break points where (s) or (n) would make life easier slows things down

0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

Please check the below threads.

gcc compiling + gdb debugging on Kinetis on a Linux host - Kinetis L Examples available

Problem with build_gcc_arm.sh script (echo)
Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

asmith
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply.

I am already familiar with those.

I think/hoped I have worked out many of my debugging issues.

They appear to have been related to a combination of debug/release code and the wrong debug/optimization options in the Freescale scripts.

Freescale should look further at their scripts.

With some minor change I am able to build/debug with the g++-multiarch arm toolchain that is now pretty standard for debian based Linux distro's such as Ubuntu.

I can send you the script changes if you wish ?

For the moment I am using the Freescale recomended toolchain - I do nto think it makes any difference to my problems. but it is one less variable.

0 Kudos