AnsweredAssumed Answered

Processor Expert - ADC + ADC_LDD : possbile Bug with number of conversions

Question asked by justanotheruser on Nov 24, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2014 by justanotheruser

Hello,

in the last days I've been trying to configure the ADC-Component of the processor expert to do an average over 32 samples.

When setting number of conversions to 1 everything works fin. But as soon as I set the number of conversions to another value the conversion routines calculate false values.

As far as i can tell there is a bug in the generated code (or in my configuration for Processor Expert):

The OnMeasurementComplete-method of the ADC-LDD component uses a DWORD to save the result of the conversation:

dword ResultData;               /* Temporary result data */

ResultData is passed on as a pointer to the GetMeasuredValues-method.

the GetMeasuredValues converts this pointer to a pointer to AdcLdd1_TResultData (which is a typedefed as a uint16_t).

This causes the processor to write a u16-value into the dereferenced dword-variable, which wreaks havoc in the OnMeasurementComplete-method.

My opinion is that the variable ResultData should be of Type AdcLdd1_TResultData in order to work properly.

When I change the cody by hand everything works fine, but Processor Expert will overwrite my changes when I generate the code again, so that's not an option.

ProcessorExpert.pngOnMeasurementComplete.pngGetMeasuredValues.png

I am using the newest KDS IDE 2.0 release, but the error already existed in KDS IDE 1.0.1.

The Processor I am using is Kinetis MK22FN1M0VLQ12.

Is this a bug in Processor Experts generated code or am In configuring PE wrong?

best regards,

JustAnotherUser

Outcomes