cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.1.1 crashing

asmith
Contributor III

I am trying to get an MQX 3.8 Application running under MQX 4.1.1

I am building with GCC from the command line.

I have alot working but sometimes calls to some MQX API's cause the processor to restart.

I am looking for debugging idea.

_time_delay() frequently (but not always) causes crashes.

C++ code that calls new causes crashes.

I can open files on USB but if I try to write them I crashing in _io_write()

Any ideas what I can look into ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

Could you please try creating a new MQX project then copy all the files that are contained on the sources folder to the new MQX project?

It is important to re-build all the MQX libraries (BSP, PSP, RTCS, SHELL, etc) before create a new MQX project.

Please let me know if this helps,
Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

asmith
Contributor III

Thank you for responding

I am building from GCC under Linux at the COMMAND LINE.

Not CW, Not KDS.  Everything but MQX is built from scratch with every build.

The MQX libraries BSP/PSP have been independently tested with some of the MQX Example Projects

The application is cross platform and can be built for Windows, Linux, and other targets besides MQX.

When porting to MQX 4.1.1 I started with the Linux Build as that was already setup for GCC.

MQX 4.1.1 is being build as libraries independently in the MQX directory.

I took alot of effort to get the few files associated with the BSP/PSP that are different between my board and the twrk70 working but I have resolved that.

Or atleast I beleive I have. My board has he clocks on different pins and not the same clocks. It has different DDR both in size and type. But that is working. (everything works in MQX 3.8 built with CW)

So bassically I have a standard MQX 4.1.1 set of libraires built in the MQX source directories with the BSP/PSP mods needed for my board.

These appear to work.

Or atleast I can build and test simple MQX example applications on my board

And MQX has been rebuilt and retried many times with slight differences in BSP/PSP or just to be sure.

Now I am trying to get my application - which is quite large and complex working.

I am LINKING in the assorted MQX 4.1.1 files - from the same location I buitl them, and tested them with simple demo applications.

The build is using a fairly complex Makefile.  But I do nto think that has anything to do with my issues.

I can build and link and debug, and have been doing so for weeks.

My problem is that there are debugging anomalies - and crashes occuring inside MQX api's.

My guess is that these are likely due to some kind of memory overlapp or corruption.

I started with the sram and ddr .ld files for the twrk70.  These are close enough they should just work for my board. Though I have also tried them modifed to reflect the different memory block sizes from the MQX 3.8 .lcf file.

So far no joy.  Some changes make things worse, but nothing makes things better.

0 Kudos