Freescale_KSDK_1.0.0.exe Windows installer error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freescale_KSDK_1.0.0.exe Windows installer error

huang_hw
Contributor II

Downloaded the Freescale Kinetis SDK_1.0.0 - Windows installer file Freescale_KSDK_1.0.0.exe.

Double-click the file in Windows Explorer. It finished "extracting" the files, then gave the error

LaunchAnywhere Error: Windows error 2 occured while loading the Java VM

This is on a PC running Windows 7 Professional 64 bits.

Tried all sorts of combinations:

a) Run in administration mode from command prompt

b) Set environmental system variable  PATH to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin

c) Created new system environmental variable JAVA_HOME and set its value to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin

d) Disabled jre7 and only enable jre6. Changed (b) and (c) values to jre6 (instead of jre7)

Still the same error after trying (a) to (d).

Anyone got similar problem?

(I hope its just a stupid mistake on my part!)

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

huang_hw
Contributor II

Managed to solve the problem after many many (an understatement) hours of trying!!!

I've pose my method as it may help those with a similar problem.

a) Started a Command Prompt running in Administrator mode. (don't know whether the Administrator mode is necessary)

b) Go to the directory where the "Freescale_KSDK_1.0.0.exe file is found.

i.e. CD <directory where the exe file is stored>

c) Run the .exe file with parameters "LAX_CM <full pathname of the java VM file>"

eg: Freescale_KSDK_1.0.0.exe    LAX_CM     C:\Java6\jre6\bin\java.exe

I copied the whole java directory from the normal "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java" directory to "C:\Java6" as I don't

know how to specify a directory name with spaces as a parameter in Command Prompt.

The LAX_CM specify the java VM file to run.

Cleared the error and sucessfully installed the KSDK.

0 Kudos

zhang_liang
Contributor I

Hello, I'm a Chinese student, my English is very poor, but I do not know how to ask here, I want to about MK60DN512ZVLQ10 the "sdk" program, can you help me?

0 Kudos