AnsweredAssumed Answered

Yocto build error for imx233-olinuxino-mini board using 'dizzy' branch

Question asked by Umar Qureshey on Nov 21, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 5, 2014 by Umar Qureshey

Hi All,

QUESTION 1)

I have just downloaded the most recent version of Yocto (branch: dizzy) from here (following instructions in the README outlined there):

https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform

I followed the instructions outlined in the above page.  Everything went well.  My development system is Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS.  I then tried to build an image using the following command:

MACHINE=imx233-olinuxino-mini source ./setup-environment build

Initially I encountered some error and found out those were due to my /bin/sh symlinked to the dash shell.  So I changed /bin/sh to point to a bash shell because I found out that this set-environment script doesn't play well with dash shell..  This got me further but now I am stuck with these errors:

vagrant@projectb:/vagrant/srv/fsl-community-bsp$ MACHINE=imx233-olinuxino-mini source ./setup-environment build

Configuring for imx233-olinuxino-mini

-bash: /vagrant/srv/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/scripts/oe-buildenv-internal: No such file or directory

mv: cannot stat ‘conf/local.conf’: No such file or directory

-bash: conf/local.conf: No such file or directory

-bash: conf/local.conf: No such file or directory

sed: can't read conf/local.conf: No such file or directory

cp: cannot create regular file ‘conf/’: Not a directory

Doing a manual search, I was unable to find a file called oe-buildenv-internal anywhere in the sources so this error is warranted.

I'd like to build an image (kernel+rootfs) for my imx233-olinuxino-mini board.

QUESTION 2)

Is LTIB recommended for the build system for the imx233-olinuxino-mini board or should I use Yocto? 

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Umar

Outcomes