cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing MC9S12XF512 with USBDM

m_pinnow
Contributor I

Hi there,

I'm trying to flash my MC9S12XF512 with a USBDM Debugger. By try and error I found out it would flash when I use the profile of the MC9S12XEP100. It flashes without error, but afterwards the programm won't run. I checked the memory ranges in the hc12_devices.xml with the datasheet and they are matching. Problem is I don't know about the other parameters like pageAddress, registerAddress, tclScriptRef and flashProgramRef.

Could anyone give me a hint what else or where I could find the needed values in my Ref. Manual to get it working?

Thank you,

Marcel

2 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Marcel,

If the programmer successfully programs the device there isn't really much need to change anything.  If it verifies correctly I would be pretty confident that the device is programmed correctly.

I have just compared the MC9S12XF512 to the MC9S12XEP100 and they appear very similar.  The only difference I could see is that the SDID (partids) are different and the Flash size (reflected in the pages=...) line are different.

An updated entry is shown but it won't really make any different c.f. MC9S12XEP100 except that it should auto-detect correctly and complain if the memory image has too many pages of data.

<device family="HCS12" name="MC9S12XF512 ">

<clock type="External" />

<memory type="ram">

<memoryRange start="0x2000" end="0x3FFF" />

</memory>

<memory pageAddress="0x0017" registerAddress="0x0100" type="eeprom" sectorSize="256" alignment="2">

<memoryRange start="0x0800" end="0x0BFF" pages="32"  pageStart="0x00" />

</memory>

<memory pageAddress="0x0015" registerAddress="0x0100" type="flash" securityAddress="0xFF00" sectorSize="1024" alignment="8">

<securityEntryRef ref="HCS12-xep-security" />

<memoryRange start="0x4000" end="0x7FFF" />               <!--  Fixed 0xFD -->

<memoryRange start="0x8000" end="0xBFFF" pageReset="0xFE" pages="512K"  pageEnd="0xFF" />

<memoryRange start="0xC000" end="0xFFFF" />               <!--  Fixed 0xFF -->

</memory>

<sdidMask value="0xFFF0" />

<sdid value="0xD480" />

<flashScripts>

<tclScriptRef ref="HCS12-XFTMRK-flash-scripts" />

</flashScripts>

<flashProgramRef ref="HCS12-XMMC-XFTMRK-flash-program" />

</device>

Are you confident that the the program you are trying is OK?

If you want to post the binary I can do some check against a MC9S12XEP100 to see if there is anything I've missed.

bye

m_pinnow
Contributor I

Hi pgo,

thank you for the fast help. I tried the settings you gave me above, but I think I already bricked the chip by all the try and error I used a few days ago. Now I can only flash it with Erase Option "EraseMass" and it only works every second time. The first time I try it gives me an error: "Programming of the target flash failed!     Reason: Flash command failed (Verify, Erase, Blank check or Program)". Then I took the board to a colleague who initialy flashed it with a Lauterbach debugger, but his debugger won't communicate with the microcontroller any more. Do you have any more ideas? Otherwise I think I need to replace the controller.

Thank you, with best regards

Marcel

0 Kudos