K10D Flex timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K10D Flex timer

ScottKerstein
Contributor III

For the K10DX, the flex timer has both input capture and PWM option.   I would like to do center aligned Analog measurements on the PWM which requires an up/down counter, but if I read the data sheet correctly, the input capture must be up count only.   Am I understanding this correctly? 

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Scott,

K10 FlexTimer module input capture can occur on rising edges, falling edges or both edges.

More detailed info, please check below configuration how to set input capture with both edges:

FTM.jpg

Wish it helps.
best regards
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ScottKerstein
Contributor III

Hi Ma,

I am sorry, I wasn't clear in the beginning.  The question has to do with the PWM and center align count mode.  For center align, the counter counts up and then down.  The datasheet states you can not assign an INPUT capture to this type of counter, but It really isn’t clear.  Is this true?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Scott,

If the counter is up-down counting, the input capture function can not work at this counter mode.

From below picture, if the counter is 3, you could not know when the input capture happens.

FTM.jpg

Wish it helps.
best regards
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos