Freemaster and 56F8006 config issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster and 56F8006 config issue

lancefisher
Contributor III

I'm trying to use Freemaster with a 56F8006 project and cannot get it to read the variables in my program using CW 10.6 and a CW USB TAP to load and debug the program.  The weird thing is it was working before with CW 10.5 and FM 1.3 but not that I've upgraded to CW 10.6 (free DSC version) and FM 1.4 it's not working.  The symptoms are that when I fire up FM and activate "Start Communication" it appears to be talking but the variable values in my watch list never change from '?' and my scope doesn't run or display any data.  I've confirmed that the FM bean is configured for polling and that the call to poll() is being executed repeatedly (it's in the main while loop).

FM comm is configured for "FreeMaster CodeWarrior-CCS Jtag/OnCE Communication at 500 Hz (bit rate matches what's set in CW for debug which is working fine).  I don't get any sort of error when I start communication but nothing useful happens either.  The only other FM Comm option that makes any sense to me is "FreeMASTER BDM JTAG/EOnCE Communication Plug-in (56F8xxx) but none of the "Select Connection" options appear to work and any attempt to start comm with that choice returns a :Can not open BDM port" error.

I know I got this exact setup (with older IDE and FM) working a year ago, what am I doing wrong now?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Reply

iamarcoia
Contributor II

Hi lance,

I'm using MC56F8006 me too, for a project with CW 10.6 MCU eclipse and FM 1.4,

for communicating I use SCI communication with an RS232, it works fine with bean PC_master.

Another thing I notice is that I have to RESET the DSC, if not I have wrong values in FREEMASTER.

I'm sorry I haven't the USB tap to test it, but you can try to use SCI pins?

bye