cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use the Mfgtool from commandline

Jump to solution
anch
Contributor I

Can i use the Mfgtool from commandline. I can flash my iMX6 from UI.

To use Mfgtool from commandline, i have used this command "MfgTool2.exe –noui –c “MX6Q Linux Update” –l “Sabre-SD” –p 4"

but the problem is it opens the Userinterface. It doesnot flash when i close the UI. Does anyone has any idea?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
4 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please use the recent MFG, where scripts .vbs in the MFG package may be used.

Set wshShell = CreateObject("WScript.shell")

1. wshShell.run "mfgtool2.exe -noui -c ""linux"" -l ""SDCard"" -s ""board=sabresd"" -s ""mmc=0"" "

Set wshShell = Nothing

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anch
Contributor I

hi Yuri

thanks for the response, this post definitely answers my question. but could you tell me where i could find the latest MFG.

When i did a search, i found only the source code, which says it can be used for imX50, 51... but not iMX6.

Do i have to build the source code or i can i download it somewhere on the site?

I have found one Mfgtool for downloading images to iMX6 series, Rev 12.10.02. Can i use this from command line?

Thanks

0 Kudos
anch
Contributor I

thanks for the links Yuri.

I will give it a try.

thanks once agaubn

0 Kudos