cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green and pink patches in video

parveenkumaryad
Contributor III

Hi all,

We are using ov5645 sensor in our imx6d based customize board.

When we stream or record video we are getting greenish patch at the left and right corners.

Also we are getting pinkish patch at the centre of the video.

We are using the sensor register setting provided by omnivision.

Attaching a capture image to be more clear about the problem.

Thanks All.  capture_image_720.jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
4 Replies

parveenkumaryad
Contributor III

Hi jamesbone,

The image i have attached is the image that is directly stored in SD-card so i don’t think it is the issue of screen.

Also i have tried the colour bars and it is displaying fine.

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Parveen,

So we can understand that the problem it is the recording of the image from the camera, can you please put the  gstreamer command line, or the steps to reproduced the issue ?. I think the problem maybe in the camera settings or in the way the alpha it is cnfigured

0 Kudos

parveenkumaryad
Contributor III

Hi jamesbone,

The command we are using is:

for recording video:

gst-launch mfw_v4lsrc device=/dev/video1 capture-mode=4 ! vpuenc codec=6 quant=10 ! matroskamux ! queue max-size-time=0 max-size-buffers=0 max-size-bytes=610612736 ! filesink location=recording.mp4

for streaming video:

gst-launch mfw_v4lsrc device=/dev/video1 capture-mode=4 ! vpuenc codec=12 ! vpudec ! autovideosink

for capturing a image:

gst-launch mfw_v4lsrc num-buffers=1 capture-mode=4 ! vpuenc codec=12 ! filesink location=sample.jpeg

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  Parveen,

The image looks like you have a magnet near to the screen, have you try to isolate the problem trying to display a fixed image? like the color bars, or any other test image, just to review if the problem it is found in the way the Display port it is handling the framebuffer or if the problem it is present in the camera, based on the info you provide if the memory dump of the camera it is correct the display should be correct and this seems to be a hardware issue, maybe the magnet or the shield of the LVDS or the cable.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos