How do I insert an error interrupt handler when using the uart fileio driver

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I insert an error interrupt handler when using the uart fileio driver

tomdale
Contributor I

I'm successfully installing a uart but need to trap exceptions (parity errors etc.). I'm having trouble installing a dedicated interrupt handler - is there a cleaner way to trap exceptions ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

terry_lv
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

MQX serial driver have error isr handler in serl_int_kuart.c and it will handle errors itself.

You can check if an parity error occurs by calling ioctl with IO_IOCTL_SERIAL_GET_STATS.

An inefficient way is to check error counters in your application by calling ioctl with IO_IOCTL_SERIAL_GET_STATS.

For customized exception handler routine, I'm afraid you have to modify MQX serial driver.

Thanks.

Best regards

Terry

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tom,

Could you let us know the Kinetis product part number? And which IDE software you are using?

Your project is baremetal or with RTOS?

And if you are using Kinetis SDK software?

best regards
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos