Hints required to get TWR_VF65GS10 to boot via qspi and SRAM (not XIP image).

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hints required to get TWR_VF65GS10 to boot via qspi and SRAM (not XIP image).

Jump to solution
ralfm
Contributor I

Hello,

we need some hints to get our TWR_VF65GS10 to boot via qspi and SRAM (not XIP image).  

Freescale tells us how to setup the IVT and Boot Data (see Figure 19-20 of the Vybrid Reference Manual Rev 7, 06/2014).

However, we cannot find out how to tell the boot rom program where our image is located in the qspi so it can copy it into internal ram.

IVT entry                           points to the address of the first instruction of the image at the destination memory (internal RAM)

Boot Data start                points to the start address of the image in the destination memory (internal RAM)

Boot Data length             length of the image

Location of

Image in qspi to be

copied to Boot Data

start                               ????

Which part am I missing? Is there a better documentation as the one mentioned above? Are there actually examples where I can

get the required Information?

Ralf

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
VilemZ
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ralf,

You may find something like this: QuadSPI XIP and NON-XIP boot

Is it OK?

Best Regards

Vilem