Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6SDL IPU SRM entries.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our partner have a question about i.MX6SDL IPU SRM entries.

Please see Table 38-37 in IMX6SDRM Rev.1.

Our partner tried to access to IPU_DP_COM_CONF_SYNC (addr : 0x1F40000), but it was illegal access.

Then, 0x140000 seems the correct address, is this correct?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Satoshi San,

IPU supports frame by frame task switching. This means that a sub-block can handle a frame with one configuration and handle the following frame with different

configuration. Changing the configuration is done by updating the sub-block's parameters. In order to allow automatic flow without a need of the SW to update all the parameters at the frame boundaries. A Register of a sub-block that has the shadowing capabilities has a shadow register file that resides in the Shadow Register Memory.

So the DP sub-block,  SRM_MODE can be 00, 10 or 11. If the SW  set to 11: after the update the state machine is automatically moved to 10 mode. So you are not finding the 1F40000, instead you got the 140000.

Hope this clarifies.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Satoshi San,

IPU supports frame by frame task switching. This means that a sub-block can handle a frame with one configuration and handle the following frame with different

configuration. Changing the configuration is done by updating the sub-block's parameters. In order to allow automatic flow without a need of the SW to update all the parameters at the frame boundaries. A Register of a sub-block that has the shadowing capabilities has a shadow register file that resides in the Shadow Register Memory.

So the DP sub-block,  SRM_MODE can be 00, 10 or 11. If the SW  set to 11: after the update the state machine is automatically moved to 10 mode. So you are not finding the 1F40000, instead you got the 140000.

Hope this clarifies.

Have a great day,
Jaime

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos