Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6Q Tablet Problem 2

freewaymad
Contributor IV

Hi,

This all started from here at this post: IMX6Q Tablet Problem

I still have not had any luck getting  JB or KK to work on this tablet nor have I had any luck getting the source code. I have, however, managed to collect the drivers needed for this (or should I say for the proprietaries) and managed to get them into the kernel. I got a lot of help with that from here. "Thank you" to who all helped. Now I have found changes from ICS to JB with the partitions. This is from the documentation with the releases.

ICS layout as follows:

Partition Type/IndexNameStart Offset
SizeFile SystemContent
N/ABOOT Loader01MBN/Abootloader
Primary 1Boot8MB8MB

boot.img format,

kernel + ramdisk

boot.img
Primary 2RecoveryFollow Boot8MB

boot.img format,

kernel + ramdisk

recovery.img
Logic 5 (Extended 3)SYSTEMFollow Recovery512MB

EXT4. Mount as /

system

Android system files under /

system/ dir.

Logic 6 (Extended 3)CACHEFollow SYSTEM256MB

EXT4. Mount as /

cache

Android cache for image

store for OTA.

Logic 7 (Extended 3)DATAFollow CACHE>1024

EXT4. Mount as /

data

Application data storage for

the system application.

Logic 8 (Extended 3)

Vendor (AKA

Device)

Follow DATA8MB

EXT4. Mount at /

vender

For store MAC address files.
Logic 9 (Extended 3)MiscFollow DATA4MBN/A

For recovery store bootloader

message, reserve.

Primary 4MediaFollow Misc

Total - Other

images

VFAT

For internal media partition,

in /mnt/sdcard/ dir.

JB / KK layout as follows:

Partition Type/IndexNameStart Offset
SizeFile SystemContent
N/ABOOT Loader1KB1MBN/Abootloader
Primary 1Boot8MB8MB

boot.img format,

kernel + ramdisk

boot.img
Primary 2RecoveryFollow Boot8MB

boot.img format,

kernel + ramdisk

recovery.img
Logic 5 (Extended 3)SYSTEMFollow Recovery512MB

EXT4. Mount as /

system

Android system files under /

system/ dir.

Logic 6 (Extended 3)CACHEFollow SYSTEM512MB

EXT4. Mount as /

cache

Android cache for image

store for OTA.

Logic 7 (Extended 3)DeviceFollow CACHE8MB

EXT4. Mount at /

vender

To store MAC address files.
Logic 8 (Extended 3)MiscFollow Device4MB

N/A

For recovery store bootloader

message, reserve.

Primary 4DATAFollow Misc

Total - Other

images

EXT4. Mount at /

data

Application data storage for

the system application and

For internal media partition,

in /mnt/sdcard/ dir.

As can be seen, the "Logic 7" which was Data is now Device, "Logic 8" which was Vender is now Misc, and "Primary 4" which was Media is now Data. Data is now combined with media which was "Logic 9" ("Primary 4" is data and media together). "Logic 9" is no more. This all means DATA will now be on mmcblk0p4, mmcblk0p7 is now the Vender partition, and MISC is on mmcblk0p8. Mmcblk0p9 is gone. Hopefully, I did not confuse anyone too much.

So the partitions  are like this:

mmcblk0p1 ------- BOOT

mmcblk0p2 ------- RECOVERY

mmcblk0p4 ------- DATA

mmcblk0p5 ------- SYSTEM

mmcblk0p6 ------- CACHE

mmcblk0p7 ------- DEVICE

mmcblk0p8 ------- MISC

The recovery.fstab for the tablet (ICS) has this line:

/sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1

I have found some scripts on this tablet that reference this (ex. mount -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard). Is this the same in JB / KK? If not, how would I rewrite it? I am at a loss. Please help. Thanks.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dave,

So, if I understood correctly, you have a finished product (tablet) with ICS but you want to reflash it with either JB or KK ?, this is not a reference design correct?

0 Kudos

freewaymad
Contributor IV

This tablet is a Zenithink C-94 (IMX6Q). It came, originally, with ICS on it. I have been trying to get the source code for the kernel  from Zenithink with no luck. I have not had any "real" response from GNU. So I done a lot of research to figure what the proprietaries were and wrote or modified drivers for the kernel (ex. the cameras and codec, etc.). It comes down to two things in this; the "boot.img" and the "uImage_update". There are two different kernels; one for each (boot.img and uImage_update). I attached the defconfig file for each. The initramfs (cpio) for the uImage_update has a lot of things going on and seems to write to mmcblk0p8 (aka the vender partition). I have attached the initramfs. This is what I am trying to modify and bring up to date. The scripts are in the "sbin" folder. I am updating all this in the hope that I may finally bring JB and KK to this tablet. I did experiment with this by just simply taking the initramfs from the uImage_update and put it in place of the JB initramfs. Basically creating my own uImage_update, I wanted to see what would happen. I got the tablet to come on with the JB-4.3 kernel. It showed on my computer as "SABRESD_MX6DQ" and not as "ICS". Yeah, it was a bootloop, as expected, but it did come on. This was a first, as I had not even got the tablet to come on. I figure Zenithink set the tablet up this way to debug it or hide their proprietary stuff. I really do not care why they did it. I'm just trying to bring a new rom to this since it is a good tablet and Zenithink dropped support for it. I believe this may be the last piece of the puzzle to solve. I do know this is a sabresd board. I believe it is rev. 3. I have given a little history and do appreciate any and all help. Thank you.

0 Kudos