iMAX287 3-Port ethernet switch

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMAX287 3-Port ethernet switch

jinli
Contributor I

Hello, when I use iMAX287  3-Port ethernet switch,I configed linux kernel for "L2 Switch Ethernet Controller Drivers" and two net port can 'ping' to PC,but it didn't reach L2 function(when I use one of net port conneted to anther device,PC didn't 'ping' to this device).Why?

The mx28 reference manual said the switch,controlled with the configuration pin sx_ena,can be programmed to operate is two mode. where can I find  pin sx_ena?

Please help me,how  I can do this?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi li

clear bit SWITCH_EN in register HW_ENET_SWI_MODE_CONFIG can set

signal sx_ena to 0. When configuration signal sx_ena is set to '0', switch is in passthrough mode.

FEC function and L2 switch can work independently and exclusively.

Passthrough mode can be supported by fec driver and L2 switch mode can be supported by fec_switch driver.

Both functions are mutual exclusive.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jinli
Contributor I

HI,

Thank you for your information.

I find SWITCH_EN in register HW_ENET_SWI_MODE_CONFIG have been set .In linxu-2.3.35 kernel show:

/*
* Whack a reset.  We should wait for this.
*/
/* fecp->fec_ecntrl = 1; */
writel(MCF_ESW_MODE_SW_RST, &fecp->ESW_MODE);
udelay(10);
writel(MCF_ESW_MODE_STATRST, &fecp->ESW_MODE);
writel(MCF_ESW_MODE_SW_EN, &fecp->ESW_MODE);

now,I  use one of net port to connect anther device,PC can't 'ping' to that device(PC can reach two ports by 'ping' command),how  I solve this problem?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

jinli
Contributor I

HI,

I found any idea to perform my product function.

First of all, I understood the L2Switch mode like as below.

- Connection

. [Device.#1] - [MX28.L2Switch] - [Device.#2]

- L2Switch mode
   1) [Device.#1] <-> [MX28]      : connection OK - Ethernet function
   2) [MX28] <-> [Device.#2]      : connection OK - Ethernet function
   3) [Device.#1] <-> [Device.#2] : connection  OK - Switch function

so I want to control the '3)'Switch function" in L2Switch mode.But like other pepole,the‘3)’can't reach.

Our MX28 Product can not be transfer packets from [Device.#1] to [Device.#2] in any case.

I want to know is this way possible? Could you give me any guide for these method?Thank you very much!

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

L2_1.jpg

L2_2.jpg

0 Kudos

jinli
Contributor I

HI,

I set the config what you said all the time.(Device Drivers >Network device support>Ethernet(10 or 100 Mbit)>L2 Switch Ethernet Contrller)

My problem show as below:

1) [Device.#1] <-> [MX28]      : connection OK - Ethernet function

2) [MX28] <-> [Device.#2]      : connection OK - Ethernet function

3) [Device.#1] <-> [Device.#2] : connection  error- Switch function

I am so confused for this problem,whether I should change the kernel driver(fec_switch.c)?

0 Kudos

davidpih
Contributor I

Hi, Li song. Have you resolved the L2 Switch problem? If you solve it , I also want to know the solution. My email: bill9895@gmail.com , Best regards.

0 Kudos