how setting MC56f800X dsc with freemaster using u-multilink?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how setting MC56f800X dsc with freemaster using u-multilink?

Jump to solution
iamarcoia
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm a freescale fan, and i would like to learn more on this world!

Sorry, I can't find a way to setting my dsc uC program to comunicate with freemaster.

I'm using a MC56F8006 LQFP 32 pin, I'm able to program the dsc uC (selecting DEVICE Disaled) but I can't comunicate with freemaster to visualizing variables during the program creation.

COUL NOT OPEN THE COMUNICATION PORT ERROR 0x84b00006: can not force back ground mode.

I connected the u-multilink to the dsc uC like in this demo:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/user_guide/MC56F8006DBUM.pdf

pag. 16

I selected and includeed freemaster component library in the project.

I selected also JTAG device, interrupt mode Poll driven

and enabled: oscilloscope, recorder also application command

in the loop for(;;) { FMSTR1_Poll();

FMSTR1_Recorder(); }

i got 3 error:

1   Link failed.

2   Resource    Path    Location    Type

mingw32-make: *** [XXX.elf] Error 1

3   Overflow in segment: .x_Data from section: .ApplicationData Segment reserved

byte size is: 0x000007fe -- Overflow of: 0x00000030 bytes

is there some one that can help me ? please?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
johnlwinters
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You should be able to use the serial port rather than the U-Multilink for freemaster.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
johnlwinters
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You should be able to use the serial port rather than the U-Multilink for freemaster.

iamarcoia
Contributor II

Thanks for the reply John, do you know where i can find more information about hardware connection or components and also for software settings?

0 Kudos
ankur_kala
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Marco,

You should set the proper COM port(which can be seen in the device manager of your PC) in the freemaster *.pmp file. the settings can be found under menu project->options. Select the proper baud rate that you have set for SCI in your code. In the software you can set USE_SCI macro to 1, the same can be found in freemaster_cfg.h file. you can find the file in your project if you have included Freemaster component.

You can find all the help in Freemaster User manual that you can find in the installed directory or also directly from Freemaster window by clicking on help. Hope this helps.