Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 USB drive strength.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

I have a question about i.MX6DL USB PHY.

I want to change the drive strength of USB_OTG_DN and USB_OTG_DP when i.MX6SDL is device mode.

Then, can we change the drive strength by TXCAL45DN and TXCAL45DP fields in USBPHYx_TXn register (chapter 66.3.2 in IMX6SDLRM Rev.1)?

If we can do it, would you let me know the range we can set (xxx ohm to yyy ohm) and how much resistance is changed when setting is incremented (zzz ohm / bit)?

If we cannot do it by TXCAL45DN and TXCAL45DP, would you let me know how to change the drive strength?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satoshi

one can look at sect.4.3.3.2 Transmitter settings—USBPHY_TX register

AN4589 Configuring USB on i.MX 6 Series Processors

Values for TXCAL45 resistance change with ~1.66 Ohm per step.

Below values for D_CAL

MX6 USB D_CAL.png

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satoshi

one can look at sect.4.3.3.2 Transmitter settings—USBPHY_TX register

AN4589 Configuring USB on i.MX 6 Series Processors

Values for TXCAL45 resistance change with ~1.66 Ohm per step.

Below values for D_CAL

MX6 USB D_CAL.png

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos