USBDM and Eclipse: USBDM requires configuration every time Eclipse is started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM and Eclipse: USBDM requires configuration every time Eclipse is started.

philquinton
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm running Eclipse Kepler SR2 with USBDM 4.10.6.180-1 x64 on Linux Mint ( Ubuntu ). Is it expected that USBDM requires that it is configured after each start of Eclipse? I have to configure it each time I start ( see image below )?

Any advice,? is there a log file I can check to see why ( assuming it's supposed to remember the previous settings )?

Thanks,

Screenshot - Eclipse - USBDM.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Phil,

It is meant to immediately save these settings in a shared file when they are changed .

This would be in the ~/.usbdm/UsbdmEclipseSharedSettings.xml (from memory).

There were some issues with this save being triggered but I had thought this had been fixed.

Could you check that the directory was created when USBDM was installed and that the permissions are OK.

You could also try changing the settings from the later pages of the new project Wizard to see if the saving occurs there as the logic is different.

I'll check this out tonight on Linux and see if I have any issues.

bye

0 Kudos

philquinton
Contributor II

Thanks for the info.

Strangely enough after putting the settings in over about 5 or 6 eclipse restarts, they stuck. I've checked the file permissions and they are correct, but I cannot confirm if they were correct before the settings stuck. I've certainly not changed the permissions.

I cannot say where I was in eclipse when I selected the usbdm menu..

I see how I go and keep you posted.

Thanks again,

Phil.

0 Kudos