cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone tell me how to create an assembly only program for the Kinetis

Jump to solution
pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Hello everyone! I have previous experience with PICs and 8051s. I actually came to Freescale looking for 8 bit chips (S08 series), but it was recommended by the forum to switch to the ARM cored Kinetis. I am now doing a basic study of the Kinetis vis-a-vis dear old PIC. In my opinion to really get to know a MCU, you must do at least a fwe programs with assembly. Is there a way to create simple assembly only program using Kinetis Design Studio or some other editor, maybe like toggle LEDs or internal addition, subtraction, etc.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pratiekk.

1) In CodeWarrior development , there is a button  can create assembly project , please see the screenshot below ;

2) In KDS, there isn't the button, while , you can delete the .c files ,then create assembly files on the project .

21.png

Hope it helps

Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you for your support to us!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Thanks a lot Alice

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pratiekk.

1) In CodeWarrior development , there is a button  can create assembly project , please see the screenshot below ;

2) In KDS, there isn't the button, while , you can delete the .c files ,then create assembly files on the project .

21.png

Hope it helps

Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you for your support to us!

0 Kudos