cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display issue on iMX6Solo LVDS0

emil
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm experiencing a strange display artifact that is sometimes present on the display. In maybe 1 in 10 cases this issue comes up, and it is shown as blinking pixels around contrast areas on the display. I'll attach two pictures showing working and non-working display.

I have made a configuration that only outputs two pixels on the display, thus making manual decoding of the LVDS signals more easy. This has shown that in the case where the display isn't working properly, the output from LVDS0 second data pair alternates (which it of course shouldn't since the pixels are of constant color). In other words, it looks very much like the iMX6 outputs the wrong data from time to time. Even more, memory dumps have shown that the correct data exists in the memory.

The display used is a 10.1 inch display with 1280 x 3(RGB) x 800 resolution. It uses the SPWG mapping and ignores VS, HS and CTL.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Emil, I think you can check the active signal level for your panel and the BSP setting, such as FB_SYNC_HOR_HIGH_ACT, FB_SYNC_VERT_HIGH_ACT, FB_SYNC_CLK_LAT_FALL, FB_SYNC_DATA_INVERT.

emil
Contributor III

It was a software patch that was needed.

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Emil,

Are you using your own customize hardware right?,  what version of BSP are you using?

0 Kudos