cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any USB 5.0 HOST MSC CDC Examples

neilhancock
Contributor IV

Hi Support

I'd like to put in a plug for a  USB 5.0 HOST examples in the next SDK release - be really nice to be able to try out USB Host MSC CDC ?

My target is for USB Stick storage and using USB to control a device (modem, IoT weightless device, or other IoT wireless etc)

My experience is the M2M wireless access needs to be encapsulated, and the way to make it plug-n-play is through USB for end user customers.

I've just had some customers shafted when an ATT 2G signal disappearing. Kaput gone. M2M device that had worked for a year useless.

The  M2M remote monitoring device uses a 2G GPRSS modem  with an ATT SIM. There is another local carrier T-Mobile signal, but the embedded modem is so integrated in the electronics that the whole device has to be replaced at great cost. Replacing a SIM is not the answer as sometimes need other wireless devices than GSM 2G 3G 4G....

Any other users got applications they can see with USB 5.0 Host ...?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I am part of the Support team and I am not sure about the plans for the USB stack 5.0. The information I can provide you is that the new USB stack 5.0 will implement the use of the KSDK drivers with several examples for Host and Device, but I am not up to the information about which composite examples will be available.

The USB stack v5 will provide a document that explains how to create a new composite project and how to port the existing project to a different device. Note that the KSDK + USB stack will only support devices supported by the KSDK drivers.

I hope this information can help you.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos