cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis KL46 Sub-Family - Supply Voltage for VDD and VDDA

shanmugamnachia
Contributor I

Hi,

We are using MKL46Z256VLH4 for one of our projects. For this, We have provided 1.8V supply voltage for both VDD and VDDA. Its just near to minimum value. Hence the voltage level is 1.7V to 3.6V as per datasheet. We haven't used typical value like 2.5V or 3.0V or 3.3V.

We have to use 1.8V only because our interface IO levels are 1.8V compatible. Total current consumption of our board is 350mA(worst case). Will MKL46Z256VLH4 work with 1.8V supply?

Please reply as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shanmugam Nachiappan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The MKL46Z256VLH4 can work with 1.8 supply voltage. You can see in the Data Sheet that the tested conditions for most of the cases were done for:

2.7 V ≤ VDD ≤ 3.6 V

1.7 V ≤ VDD ≤ 2.7 V

This considers the complete Supply voltage range 1.71V to 3.6V.

The Table 9. Power consumption operating behaviors shows the current consumption when the supply voltage is 1.8V and when is 3.0V.

power consumption kl46.jpg

I hope this information can help you.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shanmugamnachia
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your valuable information.

Regards,

Shanmugam Nachiappan

0 Kudos