cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need a litlle help to understand Vreferences for ADC

Jump to solution
ilancohen
Contributor II

Hi everybody thank for the attention, i need to understand clearly for an adc project on the kl25z microcontroller what are the volt range that can accept this microcontroller and how do i configure him with the range that i need

looking to the data sheet its seems that VREFH is between 1.13Volt and VDDA who seems to be 3.6Volt

but for VREFL it is very not clear what is VSSA ? i only see delta VSSA does that mean that the low range is between -100mV and

+ 100 mV ?

my project is already done i just dont know whats is vref range min and max .

if somebody know how its works ?

please help

and THANKS

pastedImage_0.png

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ilan,

The Max. ADC VREFH is VDDA, which could up to 3.6V.

The Min. ADC VREFL is VSSA, which in general same with digital ground (VSSA power for MCU and analog circuits. Filtered from GND), the delta number is the VSS to VSSA differential voltage.

The typical ADC refer circuit design is below:

ADC refer circuit.jpg

Wish it helps.
best regards
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ilan,

The Max. ADC VREFH is VDDA, which could up to 3.6V.

The Min. ADC VREFL is VSSA, which in general same with digital ground (VSSA power for MCU and analog circuits. Filtered from GND), the delta number is the VSS to VSSA differential voltage.

The typical ADC refer circuit design is below:

ADC refer circuit.jpg

Wish it helps.
best regards
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ilancohen
Contributor II

thanks for the quick answer

0 Kudos