KDS cannot find WDOG Files for KL03 Freedom Board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS cannot find WDOG Files for KL03 Freedom Board

aeroengineer1
Contributor II

A friend of mine and I are investigating both KDS and the KL03 Freedom platform.  We are trying to compile some of the sample code, and are getting an error stating that it cannot find 3 files related to the WDOG timer.  I have searched through the downloads for the board, including the SDK and I cannot find what would seem to be the missing files.  Can anyone point me in the correct direction.  The file folders it cannot find are:

\platform\drivers\wdog

\platform\drivers\wdog\common

\platform\hal\wdog

Labels (1)
11 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi A C,

Can you tell us which sample code did you run ?

And is the platform driver in the lib folder included?

Alice

0 Kudos

aeroengineer1
Contributor II

Alice,

I am running KDS 1.1.1 on a Win7-64 box.  The sample code that I was trying to compile was out of the KSDK_1.0.0-KL03Z.  The project was the tpm_demo_frdmkl03z48.

I get two compile errors:

• make: *** No rule to make target `C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-KL03Z/demos/tpm_demo/kds/frdmkl03z48m/../../../../lib/ksdk_platform_lib/kds/KL03Z4/debug/ksdk_platform_lib.a', needed by `tpm_demo_frdmkl03z48m.elf'.
  • make: Target `main-build' not remade because of errors.

I get three compiler warnings:

• Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0-KL03Z\platform\drivers\wdog).    tpm_demo_frdmkl03z48m        pathentry    Path Entry Problem
  • Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0-KL03Z\platform\drivers\wdog\common).    tpm_demo_frdmkl03z48m        pathentry    Path Entry Problem
  • Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0-KL03Z\platform\hal\wdog).    tpm_demo_frdmkl03z48m        pathentry    Path Entry Problem

Working under the assumption that the "No rule to make target" is due to a missing file, and that there are three missing paths in the compiler warnings, I am guessing that this is why I have the "No rule to make target".  I have not changed any of the settings in the project, I just loaded it straight out of the KSDK by importing the project.  When I went to search out those files, I did not find them in either the KSDK or the KDS file folders of what is installed on my box.  I did try and see if they were just not installed by extracting the KSDK with 7zip, but it seems that the raw source code is not directly contained in that package.

I also have another friend that is having the exact same error, though I am pretty sure that he is trying out one of the other demo projects (there is a slight possibility that we are doing the same one, but we have not coordinated our efforts, and I just randomly picked this project to test).

Thanks for you help in looking into this,

Adam

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello A C,

1) install KSDK_1.0.0_KL03Z refer to the "2.3 installing ksdk" of "C:\Freescale\KDS_1.1.1\doc\pdf\kds_user_guide.pdf"

2) refer to "Appendix A: ->3. Build the platform driver library in the Kinetis Design Studio IDE." of "C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0-KL03Z\doc\Kinetis SDK Freescale Freedom FRDM-KL03Z Platform Uers's Guide "

3) refer to "Appendix B:" of "C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0-KL03Z\doc\Kinetis SDK Freescale Freedom FRDM-KL03Z Platform Uers's Guide "

4) refer to "4.4" of ""C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0-KL03Z\doc\Kinetis SDK Freescale Freedom FRDM-KL03Z Platform Uers's Guide "

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

aeroengineer1
Contributor II

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this, but I have followed the steps that you have outlined, and while it gets rid of the errors, there are still the warnings that the HAL for the watchdog does not exist.  I have even uninstalled everything and started fresh.  I meandered my way through the different sections of the documents, and there is still an issue with the three warnings.  The project will build as it is not requiring the watchdog, but it is rather annoying to not have the entire HAL.

As a side note, is there a plan/timeline to work these integration and documentation issues?

Adam

0 Kudos

Fan_xy
Contributor III

Hello all,

I also have problem about this.

And I install SDK  and  build the correspond lib refer to related reference manul ,run demo also refer to RM step by step .

While when i build the demo ,it  erros on the screenshot :

44.png

Thank you !

Linda

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello AC:

I don't think the missing paths are causing the problem. Instead the first error indicates that the KL03 KSDK platform library is not built yet, because it cannot find ksdk_platform_lib.a.

From KDS go to File -> Import -> General -> Existing Projects into Workspace and in the next window browse to (C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0-KL03Z\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\kds\KL03Z) to import the library project (:smileyalert: DO NOT check the "Copy projects into workspace" option) and click on "Finish". Then you have to build the library project.

After you built the library, the errors on the demo project should not appear again.

All this is mentioned in the FRDM-KL03 KSDK pdf user's guide in your KSDK installation:

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0-KL03Z\doc

Also, if you wish to start a new KSDK project after trying the demos, I recommend you to follow the guide in the next link:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-102612

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

stefankolody
Contributor I

Hi,

I have the exact same problem.

I have done all you mentioned including building the library and I can see that file created here:

c:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0-KL03Z\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\kds\KL03Z4\Debug\ksdk_platform_lib.a

I still get 2 errors and 3 wanings in hello world demo...I tride some more demos..same thing.

I tried cleaning the projects...no help.

Capture1.PNG.png

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello aeroengineer1, Fan_xy, stefankolody:

Colleague adriancano pointed out that this was caused by the default KDS toolchain. KL03 has only 2 KB of RAM. This issue is mentioned in the KSDK KL03 release notes, Chapter 6 Known issues, from the next link:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/KSDKKL03RN.pdf

To solve this you have to change the toolchain as mentioned in Appendix B of the FRDM-KL03 KSDK User Guide. This guide can be found in your KSDK installation:

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0-KL03Z\doc

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

aeroengineer1
Contributor II

I really recommend some documentation changes so that it is not as hard to set up out of the box.  As I see it, I have to reference a few non emphasized notes, an appendix or two, and two different documents to get KDS to work for the KL03.  I think that it is a very interesting and neat product, though I would hate to see people turned off due to the complexity of setting up tool chains.  It is not that these things are hard to do, it is just that there is not one central location that has all the information needed to get KDS set up to work with the KL03.

I would recommend having a specific section in the KDS user guide at the end of section 2 for both compiling the any needed SDK and KL03 parts.  One would be specifically titled to the effect of, "Setting up the Tool Chain for the KL03".  This would describe the need to change from the default tool chain.

I look forward to playing with this later this week.

Adam

stefankolody
Contributor I

Thank you so much…I was not sure about toolchain swap before..so I skipped it…

Now I installed latest and it compiles….thank you.

3 warnings regarding WDOG are still there

Regards,

0 Kudos

aeroengineer1
Contributor II

I will go and attempt this when I get back from my business trip.  I have to admit that if it is this complex to install and get a project up and running, that you are going to be alienating a lot of users.  I hope that as these projects mature (KDS, and KSDK) that steps like this will be unnecessary.

As a side note, to put critical details like this in the appendix of a user guide is probably not the best place if it is the first thing that needs to be done to get something to function.  It should also not just be mentioned as a side note in a small section, but I would recommend a bold, and also list the types of Errors that will be displayed so that if I go to search the documentation for the error, it will put me in the correct location.

Adam

0 Kudos